- Who inspires you … My Mum.
- What inspires you … Snippits of this, that and the other.
- When have you felt most inspired … Every night around 11pm when I should be asleep.
- Where inspires you … South of France.
- Listening to … Where the Wild Things Are soundtrack.
- Discovery ... Sewing Machine
- Watching … Mad Men.
- Designer ... Erdem
- Wearing … Manley!
- Most prized possession … It’s a Secret.
- What do you collect … Vintage Clothes.
- Coffee table book ... Pictures by Tim Walker
- Flower … Birds of Paradise
- Tree … Any with Fruit growing on it.
- Bird … Robin.
- Animal …Unicorn.
- Happiest …With my Niece Emily.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
It's always exciting when a fresh and innovative designer emerges from the pack, particulary when they're Irish! Label Manley is the latest offering from our fair isles, and Emma Manley is the name of the talented girl behind this new endeavour. Her debut collection mixes luxe fabrics, silk and chiffon with jersey and leather to create a line of contemporary separates that make a very individual statement. Emma's background includes time at cutting edge fashion house VLP in New York, followed by a stint working with the late Alexandar McQueen. I wanted to find out from what and where does Emma find her inspiration and she kindly agreed to share with us just that. You can find yourself some Manley at Bow Boutique in Powerscourt Townhouse or log onto the website emmamanley.com.